Here are some commonly asked questions. If you don't see your question here, please do not hesitate to contact us for your answer.
My business is small, do I really need a website?
You might be amazed at how many people check the Internet to see if your business has a website. They want to know if you can offer them what they are looking for.
We specialize in designing websites for small businesses. We like to develop a relationship so we can offer that personalized service. Don't hesitate to contact us to discuss whether a website is right for your business.
What is the cost of a website?
All websites are different. We do not offer a "cookie cutter" website that allows us to give a simple quote without knowing your needs.
We do however offer a "no-obligation" willingness to spend some time and go over your specific needs. After that discussion we should be able to give a "ball park" estimate on cost and if you want something more concrete we could get back to you with a written quote.
You don't pay anything until you decide to proceed to the next stage.
What's the difference between a "Static" website and a "Dynamic" website?
- The information on the site doesn't change or changes very seldom.
- Usually easier to develop and cheaper.
- It requires someone that knows the code of the website to change it (normally the web designer) which means you pay for every little change.
- Great for small businesses or someone that just wants a web presence so people can find them.
- The information on the site can change quite regularly.
- Easy for anyone with word processor knowledge to make changes to the site by logging in and making the change.
- Usually takes longer to develop with greater upfront costs.
- If your site changes info a lot, probably cheaper in the long run and easier to keep current.
I would like a website, how do I proceed.
A little homework is good.
I would invite you to browse our portfolio to get some ideas and also search the Internet to see what your competitors are doing with their web presence.
Once you get some ideas, contact us to put those ideas to work for you.
What is a domain name and how to choose one?
A domain name is your brand on the Internet. Therefore you should choose one that is the same as your company name (if possible) or one that describes the type of business you are. The domain name is what your clients/customers will type into the address bar to go to your website. Various extensions include dot com (commercial), dot ca (Canada), dot org (organization) etc.
How do I obtain a domain name?
This is all part of the service that Web D Zines Inc. offers. We will search for availability of the domain name you select, once successful we will register it for the year and automatically re-register it each year. We will also host your website on one of our severs specifically set up for your website.
If information on my website becomes outdated, how do I make it current?
It depends on whether you decide to have a static or dynamic website. If we have built a static website for you we will update it for you billed at our hourly charge. If we have built a dynamic website for you, we will train you on how to update it yourself.